Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I changed my ISP-Internet service provider and now my CCTV cameras don't work

I changed my ISP-Internet service provider   and now my CCTV cameras don't work

  

This can happen because when you change your ISP all the setting in the old modem-router are gone.You should write the settings down before you change modem-router.If it is to late, you do port forwarding again.Few simple steps you can take to solve the issue.
1. Find your gateway by typing ipconfig in the DOS prompt 
2. open the modem-router setting and look for firewall, pinholes,port forwarding. I found a great site which can help http://portforward.com/
3. On the DVR go to network setting page and see if it set to optain ip automatically automatic/DHCP. If not check the box , so the dvr gets ip address automatically. Sometime a rebot is required.
I have several videos and some more posts for some other issues please check www.blog.dvrunlimited.com

http://www.att.com/esupport/main.jsp?cv=812   this a link for att u-verse 

No comments:

Post a Comment